openspace

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Parental love

Perhaps the purest form of love that you will ever experience is the one that comes down from your own parents.
And, the purity can be felt because their love inspires you, as any form of true love should.

Add to that the inherent selflessness and you are left wondering ...why?

This probably has a reason. The closest that living beings come to being God is when they manage to create something. The creation then is obviously dearer to them than their own lives.

Just think what all your parents have done for you since you were born and the resulting thoughts are humbling. At times, they make you feel so guilty, but then you get over that pretty soon. And it is important that you do, because a lifetime would not be enough to repay their efforts in any form. Also, you just cannot love them as much as they love you anyways!

I was talking to my uncle once when I asked him that was I not being very selfish in planning to stay away from my parents. I mean, now that I am old enough to be of any use to them, I have my own career plans and what not.
He told me that ultimately everything goes around in a circle. Wherever I am, I should try and love the people around me as if they were my own parents. And, somehow someone who is living near mine will fulfill my place.
That really gave me hope and somehow increased my belief in the concept of universal brotherhood, networking and everything else.

At times, things sure do have a reason, we just do not happen to look deep enough.

1 Comments:

  • the theory about why parents love...seems like... "wow" in first read....

    ...but somehow after so many years of their love the mind is not willing to accept that the primary reason they love us is because we are their creation... really cant accept this "fact" that their love is not "pure"...

    .....

    neways the thought of being away from parents seem painful... and in first instance am pretty confused... but then u think u have to accept whatever the reality is and the fact that they would actually want u to succeed in ur carrer..that is what they would be really happy in..(not just aking it as an excuse)

    being away from them is one thing (i guess luckily phone compensates a lot for us..:)..) which one might not help but having pure love for them will undo the damage to certain extent. also having realised this i guess one should just try to cherish as much as possible the time spent with them...

    plus if we mentally assume that we are with them....it helps a lot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home