openspace

Monday, July 11, 2005

Ill-timed insights- for the first half.

My thoughts have a very sad sense of timing.

They are most profound when I have no means to capture them.....no pen, no paper and sadly, the laptop is still not an option with me.
[Personally, I rather like Luann's style of recording her thoughts....will surely try that someday- once I am comfortable listening to my own voice. If this is acceptable, I would take a greater-than-slight digression here. This business of becoming comfortable with your own attributes -voice, video, images- while still realising it for itself, i.e., unlike the morning tryst with the mirror, is increasingly gaining importance. And I, am at a complete loss here. The problem is, most of the times, I fail to reconnect to the moment when I wrote something or got a photo clicked, hence I do not identify with the me in those things of the past, hence no joy. Anyways, that is just a self- made theory to explain the phenomenon to myself, completely ignorable.]

Getting back, whenever I am climbing down stairs, passing an icecream wallah, sitting and observing people in that rickety rackety bus, the ideas that emerge of nowhere amaze me. But they are lost as soon as they occur. Bubble gum thoughts. If I could somehow manage to stick them together I am sure I will come out with a bestseller. Till then, we shall have to make do with the ordinary ones.

These days my thoughts occur to me in a very readymade-diary-format. To elaborate, the lines are such as I would have written in my diary......very english and very sentencised. Funny it may sound, but true it is.

------------end of first half ----------------

My reading habit some times get too much on me. I, quite unconsciously, read up every bit of written/printed word that happens to cross my eyes (and this is especially true of the tini-mini bits of writing...on wrappers, fridge/aircon labels,newspaper envelopes, medicines<---by far the the largest contribution comes from this segment). And let me assure you this much, the moment you realise that this is the 500th time you are reading that sticker atop the toilet flush, you feel like tearing your hair apart.
And tear you might, but the habit doesn't go....you find yourself reading the sticker again the 511th time again, and the story continues.
And, since you really can't do much, you end up memorising things like TVS India- Taking it to the heart of India (Mouse pad's contribution), half life of a professional (some five month old newspaper article scrap which covers a diary which is kept besides my clothes in my wardrobe) and a sense of decency prevents me from stating the learnt-by-heart details of the flush sticker!

1 Comments:

  • Seems like the flush sticker is generating curiosity...here are the contents:

    CAUTION: Do not wash the surface of your fittings with acid/detergent agents. Use plain water and a soft cloth.

    By Blogger Cherry, at October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home