openspace

Friday, December 30, 2005

Meeting Vandana

About a week ago, I went to the New Delhi railway station to see off Ankit. There I chanced upon Vandana, a school friend from the commerce section. Though we were not very good friends, probably a little more than acquaintances, but the mutual feelings demonstrated that time were that of ecstasy. It was such a pleasure to know that she is now doing her management course from MDI and is looking forward to a good placement next year. We tried to recall all names we could from school, classmates, favourite teachers, juniors. She reminded me that she had once persuaded me to write an article “Why cockroaches are so beautiful!” for our Interact club magazine that never saw the light of the day. I wish I had some memory of this article, wonder what my thoughts were at that point of time! Infact I don’t think I will be able to write much on the same topic today.

We noticed the changes that the in-between years have brought to our physical appearances. She was almost the same as before, I thought. For myself, I cannot for sure decide as to what makes me more excited when someone remarks “Why, you haven’t changed one bit!” or “You look completely different!” While the first

We tried tracing the where-abouts of anyone and everyone we had known. And I noticed that we were talking of things and people in a way which while in school would never have come to us. Though you have to keep mentioning your age at so many places, you hardly play witness to your own growth. Flash meetings like these which take you back in time, show you that you have changed, a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home